The ERR_TIMED_OUT error often appears when your Google Chrome cannot open a webpage you search. Then how to fix the ERR_TIMED_OUT error on Google Chrome? Read this post carefully, MiniTool has listed 8 efficient methods for you.
Although Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers, you could meet some errors with it such as ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR. And this post offers you some useful methods to fix the ERR_TIMED_OUT Chrome error.
Bạn đang xem: err timed out
You could meet the ERR_TIMED_OUT (ERR TIMED OUT) error when the Chrome fails to reach the website you search, then how to fix the error? Try the methods listed below.
Method 1: Browse in Incognito Mode and Remove Extensions
You should browse the website in Incognito Mode at first to check if you can open the website normally, if it’s OK, then the culprit of the ERR_TIMED_OUT error may be your plugins or extensions. Thus, you need to enable the extensions one by one to check if the error appears, if the error appears when you enable one extension, then you need to remove it from your browser.
To enter Incognito Mode:
- Open Chrome and then click the three vertical dots icon in the top-right corner of the toolbar.
- Choose New incognito window. Then you should enter Incognito Mode.
To manage your extensions, you should read this post – How to Manage Chrome Extensions Easily? Here Is the Answer.
Method 2: Delete the Default Chrome Folder
You can also try to delete the default Chrome folder to get rid of the ERR_TIMED_OUT error. Here is the tutorial:
- Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the Run
- Type %LOCALAPPDATA%GoogleChromeUser Data in the box and click OK.
- Close your Chrome if it is opened.
- A new window pops out, find the folder named Default. Backup the folder anywhere else, then right-click the folder to choose Delete.
Bài viết liên quan: sáng đèn flash khi có cuộc gọi
After you have deleted the folder successfully, open your Chrome and then visit the webpage again that you searched before to check if the error still appears.
How to Fix the ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT Error?
If you receive the ERR_SSL_BAD_RECORD_MAC_ALERT error when you try to access some web addresses, then you can read this post to find some methods.
Method 3: Update Network Drivers
You could meet the ERR_TIMED_OUT error if your network drivers are out of date. Here is the way to update network drivers.
- Right-click the Start button to choose Device Manager.
- Scroll down to find the Network adaptors Click it to expand it.
- Right-click your networking device and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software option to start to search and update your network driver to a new version.
After that, restart your computer and open websites again with Chrome to see if you can open them.
Method 4: Disable Firewall & Antivirus Software
Sometimes, your firewall or antivirus software may cause trouble. Therefore, you should try to disable them and check if the problem can be solved. If you find it helpful to disable these programs, you can check the firewall settings. Allow Chrome to connect to public or private networks. If it doesn’t work. Permanently delete these programs, and then use other antivirus software or firewalls.
Method 5: Check Hosts File
When you meet the ERR_TIMED_OUT error accessing a specific website, you can check the Hosts file to see if the website has been blocked. Here is the way to do that:
- Press Win + E keys at the same time to open File Explorer and then go to the Local Disk C: > Windows > System32 > Drivers > etc.
- Open the host file with notepad. If you see the web address that you cannot visit, delete that entire line from the host file and save
After that, open the Chrome and see if you can open the specific website.
Method 6: Reinstall Chrome Browser
If none of the methods above fix the ERR_TIMED_OUT error, then you should try reinstalling Chrome. Here is the tutorial:
Step 1: Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the Run box, then type bestshop.vn and click OK to open a new window.
Step 2: Find Google Chrome in the list, and then right-click it to choose Uninstall.
Step 3: After uninstalling Google Chrome successfully, you also need to delete its leftover files. Open the Run box again, then type %appdata% and click OK to open a new window.
Step 4: Find the Google folder and then right-click it to choose Delete.
Step 5: Go to Google Chrome’s site to download the latest version of the browser, and then install it.
This post offers 6 brilliant solutions to get rid of the ERR_TIMED_OUT error, so if you meet the error, try the methods mentioned above to fix it. If you have better solutions, leave a comment below and we’ll reply to you as soon.
Xem thêm: hướng dẫn sử dụng máy in canon